Thursday, November 20, 2008

~DIVA~

I just had to share this cute Diva Babe with all of you! This is my youngest grand baby Jali, yes, I have a grand baby. I actually have 3 and no I was not 15 when I had my eldest child. LOL (I get asked that a lot ) Ok back to the layout.








I love how this 12x12 layout turned out. I got my inspiration from here, http://glitzitnow.blogspot.com/ . The ladies at Glitz have some wonderful ideas and layouts and Yes I carry their papers and lots more of their goodies will be in the shop soon. I love it, love it ALL!!



What I did to my layout is I first cut out the shape of the paper on the top right hand so the picture would fit into it. I used my favorite super strong double sided tape (I carry it in the store) all around the edges and I sprinkled Pink Paislee Pixie Stix Licorice Candy around the edge to give that sparkle! See all of the outline of the flower's stem? I outlined all of the stems with EK Success glue pen and sprinkled more Licorice candy all over it. Pretty huh?



I used 2 flowers from my Heidi Swapp line for the big flower and placed one of her big black brads in the center and then added some of her bling flowers into the center of the brad. I loved the flower that was in the Glitz design but I did not have one like that so I just sprinkled yup, more licorice. BLing BLing BABY!!!!!



See the word Diva? I used my Quickutz that I have in the Scrap room for everyone to use. For those of you who maybe new to scrapbooking, a Quickutz is a tool that uses patterened dies to cut out shapes and letters. I then used the glue pen to adhere the word Diva to the page and added more glue to the front of the letters. I must just love bling because I sprinkled more licorice over the letters and placed more of Heidi's bling flowers to the wording.


I wanted this to be a real girly girl layout so I used pink SEI paper for a matt behind the picture and added a corner pink bling, again from the Heidi Swapp collection. I had some pink, black and white sheer ribbon from my own private stash and I tied them in a knot and adhered to the bottom right hand corner.


This was such a fun layout and I got to show off one of the girls in our family to all of you. The products used to create this design can be found right here at Scrapping on the Go and I can even help you to scrap your own keepsake if you would like me too.


Thanks for taking a peek!